Excellence + Service + Attitude
This is one of those concepts we take for granted, and from learnings and observations, it could be the most negatively impactful task/situation on a company’s balance sheet (Results)
It begins with finding and training the right people; even better, we can all be trained to be Exservitude champions. Here’s what we need:
1. Be Human: It may seem like the easiest thing to be since we are all born as homo sapiens, but in reality, it requires learning and the desire to progress humanity. Only then can we genuinely want what’s best for all, or at least pretend to, for business/career progression.
2. Empathy: Be empathic with people’s situations, the world needs love. But if you can’t do this, empathise with your agenda (business, career, plans, etc.).
3. Social Skills: Learn to interact in a socially acceptable manner. They can be built where they lack. Ever heard of situational acting? Be an actor; fake it till you become the best possible actor there is and watch you become the favourite Exservitude champ.
4. Aspire: Want more for yourself; let’s face it, no matter how in love one is with interacting as a frontline superstar, we want more from life and for ourselves. We must aspire to be great, be the best, and then progress up the chain, be the boss, and hopefully run the business (it is all about the mindset).
5. Persevere: Mindset change is one, but we must also be mindfully strong. Yes! We’d interact with angry clients every day, and they’ll piss you off … remember points 1 through 4 as part of the guiding principle, and you may just be fine.
Everyone has their baggage, from the nicest to the most undesirable clients you come across. Remember, you have yours too. Treat everyone with love, and the universe will do the same for and to you.